Author Topic: At what age?  (Read 3667 times)

dorann

• View Profile
At what age?
« on: February 09, 2014, 10:51:17 PM »
We used to have an e-bike, but we don't have it anymore. My husband ended up getting sick and we needed every dollar that we could get our hands on to pay for medical bills, we sold the bike.

At the time that we sold it, our daughter was nine years old and was heartbroken because she loved to ride it. She just putted up and down the street,  but it got me to thinking, at what age do you think it is appropriate for a kid to have an e-bike that they could ride in the neighborhood (the further parts of the neighborhood) to go and visit with their friends and such?

Molly_85

• View Profile
Re: At what age?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 07:11:32 AM »
This is actually an interesting question... But I think, a long as you know for a fact that your daughter can handle an e-bike, she should be safe. It's really up to you and it also depends on what are your thoughts on exercise :D I would say for a child, a "normal" bike is good enough, my neighbors kids for instance spend too much time inside playing computer games, when they go out they need to exercise!

Ayla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 11:54:30 PM »
Actually, it depends on the country you live in, because most countries have different laws and regulations. An e-bike is comparable to a vehicle. For instance, in Canada (Alberta to be more specific), you can't ride an e-bike under 12.

Trent

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:12:04 AM »
I would only buy an ebike for my kid when he reaches his teens. I think this is the best idea.